–NCDMB Annual Undergraduate Oil & Gas Essay Competition
The NCDMB Annual Undergraduate Oil & Gas Essay Competition supported by the Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board (NCDMB) is intended to advance the Nigerian Content (NC) activity and make the mindfulness for Nigerian to assemble nearby ability to take an interest adequately in Nigerian’s oil and gas industry.
NCDMB Essay Competition Contest Rules:-
- The contest is open only to 100-200 Level Students in Tertiary Institution.
- Entrants must submit a letter of admission or a signed Letter of Attestation from His/Her Head of Department (HOD).
- All essays must be Original Works specifically written for the competition.
- Co-authorship of essay is not allowed.
- Entrants are to submit only one entry.
- Completed manuscripts and accompanying documents must be submitted to http://ncdmbessay.com/ on or before 30th September,2019.Late manuscripts will not be considered. Hardcopy submissions will not be accepted.
- Manuscripts must not exceed 1,500 words.
- Current contact information of each entrant including phone number and email address must not accompany the manuscripts.
- Entrants’ names must not appear on the manuscripts but on a seperate title page to be removed when a number is assigned to the entry.
- Shortlisted entrants will be contacted to appear before a panel for an interactive assessment to defend their submitted essay.
- Prizes will be awarded as follows:- N500,000 for 1st Place,N350,000 for 2nd Place,N250,000 for 3rd,N50,000 for 4th and 5th places.All top five winners shall receive a laptop each and other items.
- Essays will be judged based on : Clarity of Expression,Spelling and Grammar,Originality of Thought,Depth of Analysis,Relevance to Industry,and Conformity to Contest Rules.
- All essays will be subjected to plagiarism check (Software application) to determine originality.
- Successful Top 10 finalists will be notified by 21st October,2019.
- The Prize giving ceremony comes up on the 30th October,2019.
- The wining essay will be published in the NCDMB’s in-house magazine,Local Content Digest.
This post was culled from NCDMB’s official site.
Recommended:- 25 Etiquette Rules You Should Always Practice