-25 Etiquette Rules You Should Always Practice
Etiquette can be defined as the code of polite in society or among members of a particular profession or group.
The following are the list of Etiquette rules,you should never forget. VIZ
- If you are seated at a table with eight or fewer guest,wait until everyone is served and for the hostess to begin eating before you dig in.
- Be punctual for all meetings,dates,get-together.just plan ahead thoughtfully and meaningfully.
- All items not doing with food and (decoration) should remain off the table;keys,clutch bags,sunglasses,and especially phones.
- “If you are in a situation where you should excuse yourself to go to the bathroom,you should also excuse yourself before reaching for your phone,” writes Farhad Manjoo on Slate.com.
- Do not be a Mooch. Replace what you borrow before it is missed,and ask before taking anything which definitely could be missed.
- Be considerate when using your smart phone. Text if possible and be low-key and quiet when you need to make or take a call.
- Don’t make a big deal of saying you don’t drink.simply place your fingertips on the rim of the glass and say “Not today,thanks”. This implies no judgement of those who wish to imbibe.
- Always show up when you RSVP – and don’t RSVP until you are absolutely sure you will show up.
- Do not push your diet on others.Talking about it is fine,but on;y when it is truly passive and non-assertive.
- Do not use a speaker phone unless you are in your office and holding a meeting that is being attended by someone remotely.Alert the person you are speaking with that others are present,close the door,and definitely don’t be a chatterbox while you talk.FYI:using speaker phone at full volume to go through your voice mailbox is the definition of annoying.
- Always help clean-up when you are at a dinner party or an actual party.
- Never use a text message to communicate extremely serious news or information.
- Never take pets with you around town while you run errands .
- Always make sure you are the only one who can hear the music coming out of your earphones or headphones.
- Never ask people to bring food when you are organizing party or a get-together.
- Don’t crowd the boarding area when in the Airport.
- Never post confidential messages,information,or images on social media.
- When talking to someone in person ,don’t glance down at your mobile phone to see who’s trying to reach you.
- Don’t be a person who always laughs or talks too loud.
- Don’t crash a party with an uninvited guest (s).
- Always hold doors open when there’s someone right behind you.
- Don’t check or text on social media while you are part of a dinner party.
- Be courteous of other human beings.
- Don’t interrupt people when they are talking.
- Always thank the driver while alighting from a bus,Uber or Tax
This is all we can say about “25 Etiquette Rules You Should Always Practice”
Recommended :- How To Check Admission Status On Jamb Caps Portal