-17 Quotes By Thomas Sankara,African Revolutionary Hero
Today,we will impart to you 17 amazing Thomas Sankara quotes,quotes that each African,each Human should know. Thomas was a Marxist,Libertarian,Pan-Africanist,Burkinabe (Burkina Faso) progressive and First President of Burkina Faso,he ruled from 1983 to 1987. Thomas Sankara regime was ended by a coup which led to his death,the coup was led by his right-hand man,Blaise Compaore who stayed in power for 27 years (1987 to 2014).
Africa’s Che Guevara,as he was known as turned into the main leader of “Upper Volta” Now “Burkina Faso”-at 33-year-old after a fruitful and widely supported coup in 1983.Something he is well known for is renaming Upper Volta to Burkina Faso which means “Place that is known for fair Individuals” or “Place That Is Known For Incorruptible People”. He is additionally well known for his Anti-Colonialism views. Thomas Sankara is a genuine African Pioneer deserving of copying and being lauded.
When you take a close look at Thomas Sankara quotes,you will get a clear picture of his stance on Equities,Imperialism,and Revolution. Thomas Sankara quotes tells of a story every African should know. He was a genuine Pioneer.
Here are the 17 Quotes By Thomas Sankara,African Revolutionary Hero :-
- It took the madmen of yesterday for us to be able to act with extreme clarity today.I want to be one of those madmen.We must dare to invent the future. -Thomas Sankara
- The slave who cannot organize his own revolt deserves no pity for his fate. He alone is responsible for his misfortune if he believes his master’s false promise of freedom. freedom can be won through struggle ! – Thomas Sankara
- He who feeds you,control you!!! – Thomas Sankara
- You cannot carry fundamental change without a certain percentage of madness. -Thomas sankara
- While revolutionaries as individuals can be murdered,you cannot kill ideas. – Thomas Sankara
- Our country produces enough to feed us all. But,for lack of organization,we are forced to beg for food aid. It’s this aid that instills in our spirits the attitude of beggars. Culled from “Thomas Sankara speaks; The Burkina Faso Revolution 1983.”
- Comrades,there are no true social revolution without the liberation of woman. May my eyes never see and my feet never take me to a society where half the people are held in silence. I hear the roar of women’s silence. I sense the rumble of their storm and feel the fury of their revolt. -Thomas Sankara
- Our revolution is not a public-speaking tournament. Our revolution is not a battle of fine phrases. Our revolution is not simply for spouting slogans that are no more than signals use by manipulators trying to use them as catchwords,codewords,as a foil for their own display. Our revolution is,and should continue to be,the collective effort of revolutionaries to transform reality,to improve the concrete situation of the masses in our country. -Thomas sankara
- Imperialism is a system of exploitation that occurs not only in the brutal form of those who come with guns to conquer territory.Imperialism often occurs in more subtle forms,a loan,food aids,blackmail. We are fighting this system that allows a handful of men on earth to rule all of humanity
- The importance of dialectical materialism lies in going beyond inherent limit of biology,rejecting simplistic theories about being slaves to the nature of species,and,instead placing facts in their social and economic context . -Thomas Sankara
- Humankind does not submit passively to the power of nature.It takes control over this power. This process is not an internal or subjective one. It takes place objectively in practice,once woman ceased to be viewed as mere sexual beings,once we look beyond their biological functions and become conscious of their weight as an active social force . – Thomas Sankara
- A soldier without political education is a potential criminal – Thomas Sankara
- The origin of debt go back to Colonialism’s origin. We cannot repay the debt because we are not responsible for this debt. On the contrary,Others owe us something that no money can pay for. That is to say,the debt of blood. -Thomas Sankara
- We must dare to invent the future. – Thomas Sankara
- Debt is a cleverly managed reconquest of Africa. It is a reconquest that turns each one of us into financial slave . – Thomas Sankara
- We are not against progress,but we do not want to progress that is anarchic and criminally neglects the right of others. – Thomas Sankara
- The revolution and women’s liberation go together. We do not talk of women’s emancipation as an act of charity or because of surge of human compassion. It is a basic necessity for the triumph of revolution . -Thomas Sankara